What is a Recognition Certificate?

Special people who do exceptional things should get recognized. It may be appropriate for your MPP to help you recognize a special someone with a Recognition Certificate from the Government of Ontario on milestone events such as:

  • A birthday milestone (40, 50 or another special birthday number);
  • Retirement after years of distinguished service;
  • An athletic, artistic, career or academic accomplishment;
  • A 25th or later wedding anniversary;
  • A special award from a community, church or professional group.

For these and similar occasions, you may feel it is appropriate for the Government of Ontario to recognize the individual and the accomplishment. Though we cannot promise you a Recognition Certificate, we will try and make it happen. A Recognition Certificate is printed on Government of Ontario parchment paper, inscribed with the name of the recipient and some details of the accomplishment. It is signed by your MPP on behalf of the Government of Ontario.

Click here to request a Certificate from Bob.

Note that if the intended recipient lives outside the Mississauga Streetsville riding boundaries, you should probably request a certificate from the MPP who serves the recipient’s riding. If you don’t know what riding the recipient lives in, then call our Constituency Office at (905) 569-1643. Our staff will advise you. It’s best to request a certificate for someone who lives within our western Mississauga riding. The communities we serve are: Lisgar; Meadowvale; and Streetsville.