Programs and supports for children and youth in Ontario
Ontario has, over the past 15 years, built support systems for low- to moderate-income families; enhanced education supports; offered programs for children with special needs; provided the health care support children and youth need; and helped youth take the first steps in their careers.
Click here for a comprehensive list of programs aimed at benefiting children and youth, and covering:
- Full-day kindergarten;
- Ontario Student Assistance Program;
- Child care subsidy;
- Early ON Child and Family Centres.
- Ontario Child Benefit;
- Children with special needs
- Assistance for children with severe disabilities;
- Assisted Devices Program;
- Pre-School Speech and Language Program;
- Infant Hearing Program;
- Kids Help phone;
- Health care
- OHIP+ pharmacare for children and youth;
- Free dental care for eligible children and youth 17 and under;
- Support for vision and eye exams and eyeglasses.
- Youth employment.